Apex FX series USB 3.0 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Enclosure supports USB 3.0 and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. The Apex FX USB 3.0 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Enclosure from Sumvision is fully compatible with 3.5" SATA I/II hard drives.
Features of Sumvision Apex FX(Rev 2) USB 3.0 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Enclosure
- Maximum transfer rates of up to 5Gbps with super speed USB 3.0
- Fully compatible with 3.5" SATA I/II hard drives
- Aluminium casing provides better heat dissipation
- High quality shielded USB 3.0 cable ensures data integrity and speed
- LED indicates power and hard drive activity
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
- Plug and play "hot swapping".
Sumvision Apex FX Rev 2 USB 3.0 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Specifications:
Input:100 ~ 260V / 50-60Hz ; Output:5V~2A / 12V ~ 2A
Hard Disk Drive Support
3.5" SATA HDD
Supports up to 2TB hard drives
Data Transfer Rate
USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps* / USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps* / USB 1.1 up to 12Mbps*
SATA I:up to 1.5Gbps /SATA II:up to 3Gbps
Windows 98se /Windows 2000 /Windows Me /Windows XP /Windows Vista / Windows 7 32bit and 64bit/ Linux 2.4 Kernel / Mac OS (drivers required)
1x USB3.0 external SATA HDD Enclosure
1x Power adaptor
1x Power cable
1x USB3.0 cable
1x Screws sit
The new superspeed USB 3.0 is the next generation of universal serial bus that enhances the communication between host computers and the peripheral devices. USB 3.0 is going to co-exist with USB 2.0. USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices are compatible with USB 3.0 ports and connectors. However, they will not achieve USB 3.0 speeds or take advantage of USB 3.0 features.
USB 3.0 features:
- Higher transfer rate (upto 4.8 GBS)
- Increased maximum bus power and increased device current draw to satisfy the need of those devices that require more power.
- Better power management feature to reduce active and idle power requirements.
- Full-duplex data transfers and support for new transfer types.
- New backward compatible cable and connectors to support higher data transfer.